Things have been a little quiet on the blog because just over a month ago I had my second little one. Unlike last time I am very, very sleep deprived. I didn’t have to wake up to take care of an older child last time and I could actually follow the advice of ‘sleep when the baby sleeps’. This is another reason why I am glad I have chosen to permanently stop having kids. I know someday that will make me sad for short amounts of time here and there when I see other cute babies so I decided to take my own advice and write a list of good things about this change. (See Also: Journal Writing Ideas and Bookmark Printables)
Why I Love Not Being Pregnant
- Hot Showers. End of story.
- No more heartburn and eating tums like candy, even though some flavors are delicious.
- I can see (and shave!) “downstairs” again.
- Gums don’t bleed every time I brush.
- Bending over is possible! So is seeing my toes.
- Less Constipation (TMI I know, sorry)
- I don’t need Life Alert in case I fall and can’t get up.
- I could control my own weight, if Oreo cookies weren’t so delicious.
- My feet and ankles aren’t swollen anymore, not that I could really see them when they were.
- Bathroom breaks aren’t every 5 minutes and wearing depends is no longer necessary.
- I can drink (and eat) whatever I would like! Coffee and Straw-ber-rita’s have been teasing me for months!
- Hugs are no longer awkward. Or are no longer awkward because of me.
I may add more to this list as I think of more reasons I am happy to not be pregnant, or if you leave a comment reminding me of more reasons. If I update this post (or any others I will be sure post about it on Facebook or Twitter!