Memorial Day is a day to spend time thinking of those we have lost while they were out protecting our country and our freedom. This means that we are free to spend time out enjoying our country, America the Beautiful. Here are some pictures I took while we out this weekend on our little Jeep adventure. Feel free to use these pictures in anyway you like, they would make lovely background images.
We went out to find Sunflower Mine. While we didn’t see any sunflowers there were many other beautiful wildflowers along the way. There have been fires recently and it was amazing to see the wildflowers and new growth among all the burnt trees.
We stayed along a very tiny stream for awhile and the trees and wildlife were beautiful. It was a nice break from our regular desert scenery.
We also found purple rock, It was a type of shale or something. It was so neat to find rock that color, I have never seen any. If I had I would have thought it was fake. My sister and I collected some small purple river rocks and I took home a couple of pieces of the bigger purple shale rocks, they will go around my fire pit in the backyard. My goal is to take a few rocks from everywhere we travel and have a small patio of memories. Hopefully soon I will have pictures of the projects we make with the rocks.
We found lots of mine remnants and took a look in the old machinery and looked in at the mine shafts as well.
We finished up around sunset, it was a nice end to a great day.
America is beautiful. It’s amazing that I was able to enjoy that beauty with my family.
For More Beautiful Pictures and Jeep Related Posts, Check out these links:
Printable Bookmarks with Journaling Tips
Camping and Jeep Adventure on the Mogollon Rim
Things have been a little quiet on the blog because just over a month ago I had my second little one. Unlike last time I am very, very sleep deprived. I didn’t have to wake up to take care of an older child last time and I could actually follow the advice of ‘sleep when the baby sleeps’. This is another reason why I am glad I have chosen to permanently stop having kids. I know someday that will make me sad for short amounts of time here and there when I see other cute babies so I decided to take my own advice and write a list of good things about this change. (See Also: Journal Writing Ideas and Bookmark Printables)
Why I Love Not Being Pregnant
- Hot Showers. End of story.
- No more heartburn and eating tums like candy, even though some flavors are delicious.
- I can see (and shave!) “downstairs” again.
- Gums don’t bleed every time I brush.
- Bending over is possible! So is seeing my toes.
- Less Constipation (TMI I know, sorry)
- I don’t need Life Alert in case I fall and can’t get up.
- I could control my own weight, if Oreo cookies weren’t so delicious.
- My feet and ankles aren’t swollen anymore, not that I could really see them when they were.
- Bathroom breaks aren’t every 5 minutes and wearing depends is no longer necessary.
- I can drink (and eat) whatever I would like! Coffee and Straw-ber-rita’s have been teasing me for months!
- Hugs are no longer awkward. Or are no longer awkward because of me.
I may add more to this list as I think of more reasons I am happy to not be pregnant, or if you leave a comment reminding me of more reasons. If I update this post (or any others I will be sure post about it on Facebook or Twitter!