I wish I could remember where I got the idea for making Turkey Broccoli and Rice. I know I started making it when my husband and I first got together- it might have been one of those times I just found random ingredients in the pantry and put it all together. It’s something that we make on a regular basis because it’s so easy and filling. Not to mention tasty!
We love to make this with either leftover Chicken or Turkey (I usually freeze them 1 Cup portions) or canned chicken or sometimes we will cook a chicken breast on “the George” while the rice is cooking. During this next month or so I’m sure we will be making it with leftover Turkey from Thanksgiving! (See Also: 12+ Dinner Ideas from Leftover Turkey)
- 1 Cup Rice
- 3 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Broccoli
- 1/2 Tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3/4 Cup Cooked Chicken or Turkey
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken (or other “cream of”)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (plus extra to add on top, if desired)
- Add the rice, water, broccoli, and seasoning to a pot, heat on high until boiling, then reduce heat to medium. When the water is semi-reduced add the cream of chicken, cooked chicken and cheese. Mix everything in and let the rice continue cooking for the full 15 minutes.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, but I bet you probably have a ton of leftovers. That’s why today, the #15MinuteSuppers bloggers are bringing you some tasty leftover ideas! Most likely you spent all day cooking yesterday, so take a break today and give one of these a try.
Check out these scrumptious dinners from Thanksgiving leftovers and they only take 15 minutes:
Grandma’s Turkey Soup from How To This And That
Turkey-Cranberry Panini from Better in Bulk
Sweet Potato & Turkey Hash from Around My Family Table
Mini Shell Pasta with Minced Meat from Food 4 Little Ones