Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 Quart Bag of Frozen Tomatoes (Can be replaced with tomato sauce or fresh tomatoes with the juices squeezed out)
- 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/3 Cup of Chopped Frozen Green Peppers (or other tasty veggies)
- 3 Tablespoons of Basil Flakes
- 1 teaspoon of Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1 Cup of Cooked Rice, Seasoned with Garlic and Onion -optional
- Defrost Tomatoes until pliable. Put tomatoes, tomato sauce, milk, green peppers, 2 T of basil, and Montreal chicken seasoning in Blender. Blend at “Soups and Fondues” setting or equivalent.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add soup mix from blender to it. Add the rest of the basil, and the cooked rice. Heat until simmering, then cook for 5 minutes or so. Serve hot!
Check out my latest post about this soup– I added some interesting ingredients to it and made some fancy grilled cheese to go with it.