We saw this idea at a trading post near the Grand Canyon and it was a super cute idea. I may be a little biased but I think mine looks much better, it’s a little less trading-posty/cheesy. I made it for our cowboy themed spare bedroom, but since then it has turned into a nursery.
Cardstock (or stencils)
1. If the plywood isn’t cut to the size you want, have it cut at the store or cut it at home. I had my husband do it, he’s the best!
2. Use a few browns to paint it like wood. I had a few helpers and we all just swiped brown up and down in random places until it was covered.
3. Make stencils for the words using cardstock or thin cardboard (think: cereal box). Make sure that you don’t cut out the negative spaces. If you don’t want to make stencils, they can be found in home improvement stores and craft stores.
4. Using a sponge brush or a stenciling brush and dab paint onto the stencils. For more on stenciling check out this post here on how I stenciled charger plates.
5. After all the paint is dry, glue your mirror onto the plywood using tacky glue or some sort of super glue.
6. Using hot glue, put the leather cord around the edges of the mirror.
7. Finally, add a frame back and hang on the wall.
That’s all folks! I loved mine, but we decided against having a cowboy room in the house once we did the nursery so my sign was sold for way too little at a yard sale. Hopefully it is well loved and that the one you make will be well loved too!